Silver Mesh Chain Mail Miser Coin Purse; Chatelaine or Wrist Antique; Victorian
Antique Silver Mesh Late 1800s
Victorian Chain mail Purse
Drawstring "Emergency" Chainmail Purse
Collectible Miser Coin Bag 3 Silver Balls
"Mesh bags are slinky and deceptively tough; purses made out of the same silver links were used in armor. In the late 1800s, the medieval look was all the rage, so chainmail-like coin purses that attached to a chatelaine were stylish accessories for Victorian ladies."
- Antique: 100 years old+ It is said,"A lady should always have wagon or car-fare home and a place to put her coins."
- Materials: Silver steel chain mesh
- Condition: Fabulous - There are several disconnected links which a jeweler can fix for you. Someone disagrees with me and feels it was made that way. I have discounted this item and priced it accordingly, just in case. And...now it's on SALE!!
- Size: 2 1/2 wide by 2 long fully open; 2 wide by 2 1/2 long pulled closed; chain handle has a 3 3/4 drop
- A Victorian woman would have worn this accessory on her wrist or chatelaine.
- Consignium will ship this Victorian Purse Free: First Class Mail
Your Purchase is Safe & Secure through PayPal
Thank you for shopping Consignium!
View All Products