• RARE Civil War Brass Lincoln Drape, Shell and Roses Easel Frame

    Free Shipping!

    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    Civil War Brass/Bronze? Lincoln Drape Shell and Roses Easel Frame 

    This Civil War signed, patent applied for and numbered 136 frame has beautiful patina and Gorgeous detail.

    • Signed: B.N.W. and l.J. on lower right
    • Condition of Frame: Excellent for 150 yrs. old
    • Condition of Glass: chipped on the bottom left as shown in photo. 
    • This is, one-of-a kind, as I couldn't find another frame like it...anywhere!!  We are selling the frame ~ Photograph is a bonus for Civil War Collectors.
    I did extensive research on this impeccably detailed frame and the distinguished gentleman in the photograph. I'm not advocating that I got it right, but the historical letter I found on the internet is quite interesting, to read, and signed B.N.W. Therefore, I posted the historical 1863 letter I found from Lieut. Wilber, below as a little historical bonus. Hey ya never know.  
    Please view photos for actual condition, which is fabulous!  

    Fabulous Antique * Brass Frame Like New * Interesting photo

    Beautiful Civil War Antique Frame; Free Shipping in USA
    Your purchase is always safe and secure through Paypal
    Click the link below to view our 100% Positive feedback on eBay
    We never alter antiques, collectibles or any other items; they're always presented in their original condition or beautiful aged patina. If something is awry we indicate such in our listing and/or photographs. 

    *Please... Scrutinize our detailed photographs as they show the actual/current condition of our items. We also recommend that you purchase insurance, as many of our Antiques & Collectibles are one-of-a-kind or difficult to find. IRREPLACEABLE. 
    We cannot be responsible for any damage or breakage that might occur during shipping. We package everything with care to prevent such an occurrence. 
    Interesting research-
    From Reynold's Battery—letter from Lieut. Wilber.
    In the field near Gettysburg, Pa., 
    Thursday, July 2, 1863. 
    We had a hard fight yesterday. The first part of the 11th Corps was engaged. All o f the afternoon we had to change our position , and about 4 p.m. I was ordered to the front and right to assist our infantry, as the rebels had a much larger force than ours and were driving us back. They drove us back through the town and now hold it. After going up to assist the infantry, I fired a few rounds and then fell back about thirty rods and commenced firing again, and then when our infantry had got back to me I moved back again, having to go some sixty rods before I could get a position to fire from. I then kept firing until all of the infantry had got back from the position that I was in. Then I received orders to move back and save my pieces, if I could. I had got back on the road leading into the town when a lot of rebel infantry came up on my right and shot one of my wheel horses on the piece that was in the rear. I got the horse clear of the piece, and I had got the piece started, when they fired a volley into me, killing the rest of the horses on the piece and shooting the horse from under me. Then I gave the order for the remaining men to save themselves if they could. I then caught up to my other piece and saved it. I had one man killed and eight wounded in my section. We then retreated through the town and took a position just outside of it, and held the position. I was very slightly wounded in the left knee with a piece of shell, had a musket ball pass through my whiskers, and another through my coat.

    July 5.—Our captain was wounded in the face and side—not, dangerously. We had one man killed and thirteen wounded that day.
    Thursday reinforcements came up, and at 3 p. m. the rebels attacked us. The fight lasted five and a half hours, but our army held their position, repulsing the rebels at every place.
    I was hit in the thigh with a piece of shell, giving me a bad bruise; but I did not leave the battery.

    On Friday the battle opened at 4 a. m. on our right, with musketry and artillery. We silenced the artillery; the musketry lasted six hours and a half, and was the hardest I ever heard. In the afternoon the fight opened with artillery and there was the most terrific cannonading that I ever heard, and General Hunt, Chief of Artillery, says that it was the heaviest that was ever known in this war. The rebels charged on our batteries with three lines of men. — The first line was all cut to pieces; the second badly cut, and the third the same. Then our infantry charged on them, capturing a large number of prisoners. We had only one or two men slightly wounded. We lost in the three days fight twenty-two horses. 
    B. N. W.